and by this time, the other two have been well exposed, and it''s sort of a
moot point--the odds are very high that they'll be negative, and if not,
will it make a huge difference, other than in the way you treat them
medically? will you love them differently? i doubt that you will--it'll just
give you information on what things to look for.

FeLV+ cats are just cats, until and if the virus is activated. good food,
good love, as stressfree an environment as possible--these are the things we
know of that can help keep that from happening. look into the supplements
that are well researched and documented, FeLVs get sick just as normal cats
do, and get treated and get well, without it always having to have to be
related to the FeLV--just breathe, and learn, and enjoy every minute you
have with all of them: no living thing comes with a guarantee, after all.

MC

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 8:17 AM, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Welcome to the list.  I hope your original cats test negative, but it
> sounds like Ash is in good shape.  If he's made it over a year his chances
> of getting sick are much less!
> tonya
>

> *Jennifer Lynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
>   Hi everyone.  My name is Jennifer and I live in New Jersey.  My one year
> old male kitty, Ash, was just diagnosed with FeLV yesterday.  I also have
> two other cats, Morrison and Isobel, and they've been living with Ash for a
> year (I've had him since birth).  He's blind in one eye and has
> developmental problems in his back area, but other than the obvious (his
> illness), he's a very happy, content, sweet and playful boy!  Very talkative
> as well, especially in the morning!  He's all black with tiny white hairs
> throughout his coat that you need to really look to see.  He eats like a pig
> and right now, seems healthy.  He's getting fixed in a month (that's the
> soonest my vet could get him in) and my other two cats are being tested for
> FeLV in two weeks and if they test negative (which I really hope is the
> case), they're getting vaccinated.  My oldest, Morrison, was supposedly
> vaccinated two years ago, but they have no record of it at my vet's office,
> though they told me he was vaccinated when I took him for his shots two
> years ago.
>
> I am looking forward to chatting with you all and I really wish all the
> best for you and your kitties!
>
> PS - can we share pictures of our cats on here?
>
> - Jennifer (and Ash too!)

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine