here's the direct quote from susan little, dvm, head of the Winn Feline
Foundation (www.winnfelinehealth.org),

"Lysine is only helpful for control of herpesvirus infections.
Otherwise, it has no effect on the immune system and no effect
against other pathogens as far as we know. It is herpesvirus-
specific. And if you give arginine at the same time, you cancel out
the effect of the lysine, so it would be totally pointless." (
[EMAIL PROTECTED], message #92072, forgive me dr susan!)

this was one of the many times she has repeated this; i've got the same
thing repeated by a major cat rescuer/transporter in another place in my
files, and if you go back in the archives you'll see that i and other have
repeated this over and over again: LYSINE ONLY AFFECTS THE HERPES VIRUS.
it's a marvelous thing, it trick the virus into not replicating, it's
probably the only thing that i know that MDs and DOs and DDS and DVMs and
practitioners of every other purrsuasion and specialty agree upon.

we do no one any good when we repeat information without questioning it and
finding out the details and veracity.

please.

MC

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM, gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  There are lots of things people use but Lysine is used by many people
> with FeLV and FIV cats as an immune support.  I use this on my cats.
>
> Moducare, although, I haven't figured out how to give it to my cats yet.
> Your supposed to give it on an empty stomach because it binds with
> cholesterol and I really don't want to put my FeLV+ through the stress of
> pilling them everyday.  I suppose you could give it with food that didn't
> have cholesterol, but most of those foods are vegetables and my guys aren't
> interested.  I tried egg whites and they didn't go for that either.  If
> anyone knows how to get Moducare into the cats without pilling and without
> cholesterol, please let me know.
>
> Transfer Factor.  I don't have any experience with this one so I won't
> comment on it.
>
> Lactoferrin, I know people using this on their FIV+ cats.
>
> And I am sure there are many others.
>
> Gary

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....