-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kim Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:46 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] my Cole, help!

I am afraid I am on the verge of losing my loved and adored kitty, Cole. I
have had him for 6 1/2 years and we have had our ups and downs with some
illnesses but nothing a little TLC and medicine couldn't handle. I got Cole
when he was 5 months old from the Humane Society and about a week after
adopting him I found out he was feline leukemia positive. The Humane Society
said they would take him back and give me a "new" kitty. By that point my
heart was completely in love with him and there was no turning back, I had
to meet this challenge with strength and do all I had to take care of him.
Up until this point I knew that he would make it through all of the colds,
pneumonia's, gastro-intestinal issues, but now I am not sure anymore. He is
not acting like he would normally when he is sick..no sneezing, coughing,
breathing difficulties, or diarrhea. He just lays around all the time,
doesnt seem to be eating much or drinking much. Wet food doesnt even make
him happy! I have noticed that he is losing weight as well. I have an
appointment with the vet today to get him checked out but I am scared that
this will just be the beginning of the end. I am unsure of how far to let
him go. I don't know if I should keep treating everything or if I should
give up? The last thing I would ever want to do is prolong his life and make
him suffer more just so I could have more time with him. Does anyone have
any words of advice? I am new to this posting and I am afraid of losing one
of the most important things in my life and I am not sure how to even go
about dealing with any of it!  Kim