I've been mixing *except kittens* for nearly 15 years now.  I've never had it
transferred.  Your cats should not have a problem.  Good luck!
  tonya

Tracey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hello,
I have to say this is a very enlightening forum. I have learned so much
from you all! I found a stray 2 months ago at work who was in terrible
condition,
near death, starving, fleas, worms, etc. She had a 'tipped' ear and I found out
later she was an Indy Feral cat who was in the TNR program. Don't know whether
she was actually 'feral' though, but I doubt it because she has become quite
lovable.
Had her tested at a low cost clinic and was +. The vet there said her teeth
didn't
look so good and that was typical in feral cats.
When I took her to my regular vet, he somehow neglected to even look in her
mouth and he said as a + she'd live a couple months to a year, giving a very
grim
diagnosis. I tried not to prod at her too much at first since she was in such a
delicate condition, but about a week after the vet appt, I noticed she was
missing
all of her tiny teeth on the top and all but one of the little ones on the
bottom. I was
horrified and it was then realized that my vet hadn't even looked in her mouth.
After nursing her back to health, she has become very healthy except for some
sneezing spells every now and then. This does worry me because sometimes
mucus comes out. She had extreme uncontrollable diarrhea
when I first got her, which after using fortiflora for a month helped a lot,
but did
not cure it completely. For the last week I have been feeding her a raw chicken
diet (I have been feeding my other 3 cats this diet since February with amazing
results)
and her diarrhea is completely gone.
So she's been in my bathroom isolated from my other cats this entire time, and
she
really does seem to be happy there but I hate to keep them separated. I am
getting
ready to take her to the vet again to have her teeth checked out because her
breath
is really terrible (seeing a different vet there though). I am worried about
stressing her
out by taking her to the vet and I know they will recommend a cleaning which
will
probably stress her even more, but having an unhealthy mouth would be worse on
her than the experience of a cleaning. Right?
I have 3 other (negative) cats, 2 are adults and one is about 1 year and 5
months
(I guess you'd call her an adult, she did just have her 2nd dose of the felv
vax) These
2 vets say they would absolutely NOT mix.
My question to all of you who mix is: Have any of your negatives become + ??
Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Tracey