Welcome, Brenda!  Sorry Spazzy is so ill, but you've come to the right place
for info.  You will be getting a lot of it in a very short time, but just to
start out, your vet is way wrong about the bone marrow biopsy.  Yikes!  What
you need to get is an IFA test.  It's much more accurate than the test that
would have been done in that long ten minutes -- it's a blood test that's sent
to a lab and IT is the way to find out if the disease is in the marrow.  You
probably need, and I know this can be daunting, to find a vet who is more
knowledgeable about FeLV.  If yours is willing to learn, that's good but with
an already sick kitty you probably need someone who's up to speed now.

Here's the mini-drill:  lots of love, keep stress levels low, give good food
(Iams is pretty good, but there are better ones you can get at the pet shop)
with meat as the FIRST ingredient in the list and low on grains.  You can give
the supplement L-Lysine (from the health food store, not the human stuff from
the drugstore, which has bad additives).  Your vet may be talking about
immunoregulin, which has been a big help to some kitties on this list.

Probably you need to reassess Spazzy's condition once the runnies are under
control.  If he bounces back from that after the Clav, you'll have a better
idea of his overall health.

It may be that it's just a passing cold not directly related to the FeLV, in
which case he may be around for quite a while.  Or it could be that he's gotten
to the really-sick stage and there may not be much you can do.  (That's how it
was with my Patches, a stray we brought in who crashed within 6 weeks).  In
that case, by bringing him in you are giving him the great kindness of a safe
and loving place to be for however long rather than out on his own.  Bless you
for caring for him.

Diane R.