He is having a hard time calculating the dosage for some reason.  I am not a
vet - know lots about administering fluids, assisted feeding, URI, pilling,
CRF,  I have kind of a specialty with heart disease kitties as my soul kitty
has heart disease - but nothing about hbp (yet, I will learn now).  She acts
absolutely fine.  We did not believe she was as old as she is, she does not
act like it.  I do feel bad for her.  Obviously her previous owner did not
want to pay to fix what was wrong.  I have never had to wait this long but I
do not want her to get the wrong dosage.  This vet has been in practice
since 1967, so he knows what he is doing.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Lora <cat_crazyfana...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kelly,
>
> Thanks for explaining, but the vet is sure taking his/her time. Hope
> Tiffany's health can wait. I love special needs kitties (have 13 myself) and
> my vet is on the ball within hours. For me, meds refills/prescriptions are
> administered within same day as seen. The most I have ever had to wait for
> meds was 24 hours. I guess some are just not as fortunate. It just bleeds my
> heart to hear of such things. Does she act comfortable?
>
> --- On Sun, 6/21/09, Kelley Saveika <moonv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Lora,
>
> The holdup is that we are waiting for the vet to prescribe the medication.
> None of us can prescribe it ourselves.  He does not carry that medication
> in stock either, so we will need to get the prescription filled once we
> have it (I hope Monday) which won't be a problem, but we do need
> to have the prescription first.
>
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Lora <cat_crazyfana...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Kelly,
>
> Tiffany has been in your organization's care since (at least) last
> Wednesday 06-17-09 and she still is not receiving her medical regime for
> high pressure? That is almost a week. What is the holdup?
>
> Five days without her proper medicine cannot be good. The longer the wait
> for medical care, the more likely that the damage done (besides being
> blind) is permanent. Can't cats with untreated high blood pressure die from
> hypertension?
>
> Lora

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Help us spay some kitties!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/feed-hungry-animals

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take  them first
as long as you leave me alone".