either you read me wrong or i goofed which is very possibly the case.  either
way, Annie is only 5 years old.  i got her when she was 4 and she tested
positive for both tests.  she had been a patient of my vet all her life and
never been pos before.  we assumed that the stress of loosing her owner (liver
cancer), being locked in her owner's trailer for 3 weeks with no contact other
than someone changing the box and giving her food once a day and then being
shoved into a box, brought to the vet and then coming to my house with 2 other
cats when she had been in 1 cat house was all just too much for her.  i plan to
have her tested again to see if she is still pos.  could be that since she is
in a more stable invironment, her system can overcome it ans she will be neg.
a long shot, but worth the try.  so far, she is fine and gets Hills Science
diet along with the others.   saw a new canned food at PetsMart and got a can
to try.  it is organic, has no corn, wheat or soy, is made in Canadaand has 95%
salmon, mackerel and sardines.  smelly, but boy do they love it.  they ahve
other flavors, but this is their favorite.  if you want to check them out, Blue
Seal, po box 8000, Londpnderry, NH 03053, USA - 800367-2730 -
www.bynaturepetfoods.com.  it is pricey (around 1.40  for a 6.5 oz can, but i
only use it for rainy days when they cannot go outside.  keeps them calmer.
otherwise, every time i move they run in front of me hoping i am heading for
the door and they can escape.  i got a large cat tree from Foster and Smith so
anyone who wants to escape the others can head for the den at top and
disappear.  i do think lack of stress is the most important thing.  all of my
rescued babies put on weight, start grooming, just behaving normal after they
get here.  i have enough room so they can each have their own special place
which helps.  that and watching for signs of problems so i can get them to the
vet asap to head off big problems i think are the 2 most important things to
do.  dorlis