additionally, hemobart seems to be regional, so if it's not common in your
area, vets may not have been regularly testing for it over time. as
mentioned, it's hard to diagnose (more accurately, doesn't always show up in
each blood test, i guess you'd say), newer testing methods are probably
picking up cases thay used to be missed, and in many parts of the country,
it's still not considered an absolute to-rule-out possibility.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM, gary <gcru...@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Hemobart is around quite a bit, but many times it doesn't show on the test
> even if there are symptoms, because the number of parasites in the blood
> varies and are sometimes not detected.  Hemobart cannot be cured, a good
> immune system or enough doxy will make it go and hide and do no harm, but
> it
> is still there and a drop in the immune system with stress, trauma or
> illness can bring it out.
>
> If in doubt, I would just treat him for it anyway.
>
> Gary

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine