Sharyl, I'm sorry for your loss of Mattie--what a special little girl she
was, I'm always thankful to hear of FELV kittens who do get the chance to
live out their lives, however short they may be.

This story reminded me of my first FELV encounter, moved to a new office to
find an injured double-positive Mama kitty and her babies.    Much like
Mattie's family, Mom--albeit double-positive--has outlived all of her
babies.   Hobbs, Sissy, Mickey and Sebastian were beautiful, sweet kitties
who won't be forgotten and hopefully are playing with Mattie, CJ, Bright
Eyes & Houdini.

I think when they are born with with as opposed to being affected as an
adult they just usually have much shorter life spans.  Knowing love & good
care in that time is what matters.

Bless you for taking care of them,

Heather in Tampa