I can't remember now what the time frame was. He was tested at his first vet visit after I adopted him but I don't remember how long that was after I brought him home. Normally I take a newly adopted cat right in to be checked but it has been about four years... Today I called my vet back and told him I wanted the Epogen because I wasn't going to just sit back and watch him die. He called a prescription in to Walgreens and they had to order it. I will pick it up after work tomorrow along with the syringes and give him his first injection tomorrow evening. My vet also contacted another vet he knows who had Imulan in stock and I am going to pick that up Thursday after work. I didn't realise that Epogen and Imulan could be given concurrently. Who knows, maybe there is some hope for my beautiful white fluffy boy after all.
Sue
----- Original Message ----- From: "MaryChristine" <twelvehousec...@gmail.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Epogen? Interfuron?

sue, was casper ever double tested to make sure he was actually negative? a single negative test means no more than a single positive test does: unless we know for sure when the last possible date of exposure was, and do a final test 90-120 days after that, we cannot know that any cat is truly negative.
this is how my cats all become exposed back in 2000--my housemate, the
shelter director, brought in a beautiful little girl who'd tested negative. we didn't know to retest back then, and didn't. she became symptomatic less
than a year later.

as far as i know, there are no cases of an actually negative cat (tested
twice) who has been vaccinated ever becoming positive from living with
positives. don't blame yourself for something that you probably DIDN'T do.

MC

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....