My first Feluk kitty (well, only one that was actually MY cat) lived to be 16
years old and we never gave him anything special in the way of food and/or
vitamins.  We fed him Purina dry and some canned food (this was 20 years ago so
we didn't know a lot about Feluk at the time) and he was a happy, healthy kitty
up until he passed away.  We found him when he was 10 and he tested positive.
We kept him inside for the most part until we moved to the lake and because we
were right on the water, we would let him go in the backyard while we were
outside.

I am sure others here have MUCH more knowledge than I do and I bow to their
wisdom.

Edna