Wish they'd come in my yard and eat everything!  I'm so tired of trimming
shrubs and yard work.  I used to like it but now I'm too busy with too many
other things.  My husband hates yard work worse than I do.  I love to have a
pretty yard but man it's a lot of work.  If the deer came and tore it up then
I'd have an excuse.

Anyway, depending on the size of your property, I wonder if you planted a fruit
tree or something they really liked at the far end of the property if they
would stay with it and not come near your decorative plants.  It might attract
more deer though.  I thought of it because at work we have some kind of big
tree that puts out some kind of fruit (I don't even know what it is) and every
year I see deer over there.  I thought it was great and even put a salt lick
over there.  The thing is though that it's always two or three.  I never see
hoards and hoards of deer.  Two or three come and eat and then they're gone.  I
work a lot of late evenings and I only see them here and there and only two or
three at a time so they're not a major problem although there's plenty for them
to eat and I would think more deer would come around.  Wonder if they're
territorial so they won't let other deer come eat their food.  Well, just a
thought.  I know you don't want to attract deer but if they're coming no matter
what and you're property is big enough just wondered if giving them something
away from where you don't want them to be would help.  As well as the wind
chimes and other stuff.  Probably would make it worse but I just wondered about
it.