I had tried Feline Pine, but it does not scoop very well, especially with Dee,
she covers and covers again and ten again until she destroys the clumps.
I have been using World's Best Cat Litter.  You can find it at Petsmart or
Tractor supply.  It is made fromcorn, clumps great (even with Dee doing her
best to destroy the clumps) and holds down the odor.  With 7 cats, I use the
Multi Ca formula.  If you want, you can add some baking soda or cedar to the
litter.  Of course, I scoop the boxes 2 times a day and sometimes 3 times.
Then you have Harley, who sometimes passes gas when he gets excited.  Get out
the clothspins time then.  The best thing about World's Best, is that it is
okay to put in the compost  or just pick a spot with lots of leaves, add a bit
of sand and each day put the litter there and cover it.  Dung beetles, etc.
will take care of the rest of it.  I do not have any smell around the house.