From: ho...@sonic.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:24:04 -0700
Subject: [Felvtalk] First Petting of Hemy!

Today when I fed Hemy (she’s in a cage on my back covered deck) she ate while I
was there.  I spoke to her and reached a finger through the cage to touch her
head.  No problem.  Then, when I came back to clean her litter box, I took a
chance and placed my hand on the floor of the cage and remained still.  She
moved closer, then nudged my hand.  I stroked her cheek and she moved her head
around in obvious pleasure.  I petted her a few moments and she purred.
This is a “feral” cat who has, after tail amputation and being moved from her
familiar surroundings, been in a cage on my back deck for only Five Days!
I’d say she is more afraid and cautious than feral, wouldn’t you?
I’m keeping her in the cage for now, and will go slowly so she doesn’t feel
pressured.  But what a little sweetheart.  It pains me to think of how horribly
humans have been to her, yet she is willing to forgive and perhaps trust again.
 Bless her!
~Bonnie