From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Bonnie Hogue
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:24 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] First Petting of Hemy!

Today when I fed Hemy (she's in a cage on my back covered deck) she ate
while I was there.  I spoke to her and reached a finger through the cage to
touch her head.  No problem.  Then, when I came back to clean her litter
box, I took a chance and placed my hand on the floor of the cage and
remained still.  She moved closer, then nudged my hand.  I stroked her cheek
and she moved her head around in obvious pleasure.  I petted her a few
moments and she purred.

This is a "feral" cat who has, after tail amputation and being moved from
her familiar surroundings, been in a cage on my back deck for only Five
Days!

I'd say she is more afraid and cautious than feral, wouldn't you?

I'm keeping her in the cage for now, and will go slowly so she doesn't feel
pressured.  But what a little sweetheart.  It pains me to think of how
horribly humans have been to her, yet she is willing to forgive and perhaps
trust again.  Bless her!

~Bonnie