From: Maureen Olvey <molvey...@hotmail.com>
To: felvtalk <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wed, Jan 4, 2012 1:16 pm
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] neutering a positive cat

I think I might have mentioned it to you guys before but in case I didn't,
studies have shown that the normal 1 year rabies vaccinations will provide
immunity for at least 4 years.  Interesting huh?  I need to check out that
group again to see if they've found anything else out or if it actually last
longer than the 4 years even.  I know they were doing more research studies.

Will most vets give the 3 year one to a kitten?  Most vets I've been to
recommend that the kittens get the 1 year vaccination and then the next year
they get the 3 year one.  I'm sure the 3 year ones are safe for kittens I'm
just wondering if the vets will actually let you do it.  Then again, I'll
probably wait until she's about 8 months old (if I still have her) so she won't
really be a kitten anymore so it may not matter.