To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
From: lernermiche...@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:22:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] neutering a positive cat

 the 1 year and 3 year shots are the same shot. the recommendations just
require a booster 1 year after the first shot, so the first time it's calle 1
year and thereafter 3 year.

there is a less common brand called purevax that is only approved for every
year versus every 3 years. it's only if you get that one that it's different
than a 3 year. i get that for my cats because it does not have the adjuvant
that can cause tumors. But I avoided vaccinating my positives entirely. They
had one rabies and initial distemper when they came to me and i left it at
that. when i moved and had to license i got a vet exemption letter due to
health.

Michelle