I was going to suggest a ramp, but alas, the coons could also use it.

RE:  taking them to a no kill shelter, if it is like the ones around here, they
are not able to take on any more dogs or cats.  Everyone who has lost ajob,
home and has to move in with relatives, brings their animals to the shelter.
You are right, they would have to spend some time there especially if they are
not socialized.  That takes time and that means time in cages.  I took 2 from
P.A.L.S..  I had gone to see about 1 cat and ended up with both Lil Bit and
Casey.  They had been in an 8 x 10 cage with about 6 or 8 other cats for over a
year.  Lil Bit is just now moving around the house because she is so small
(6lbs) and timid and Casey is getting used to NOT being allowed to bully
everyone.  I just wish people would bring a short letter giving information
about their pets so the adopter would understand why they are the way they are.
 Often they are misunderstood and end up back at the shelter because people do
not have the patience to try to understand them