Lee
You said this so well. Thank you. I always tell people that that particular
life is important to the being that is living it. I don't know if it sinks in,
but it's actually very simple! Crazy as it may sound, I was in the theatre 21
years ago watching city slickers. When billy crystal was trying to save Norman
the calf I decided to quit eating meat. His life was worth being saved, just
because it is a life, not because he is dollars in someone else's eyes. I know
it was just a movie, but the insinuations in that movie had a huge impact on
me. Life is life, no matter what form that life takes. Then when they herded
all the cattle in and the rancher informed them that the cattle were headed for
slaughter "because their life isn't a very good life anyway". That sealed the
deal for me. How can ANYONE decide that? Even though we're still talking about
a movie, this is the general mindset. So anyway, thank you so much for the
beautiful way you wrote this.

Marcia

Sent from my iPad that my most awesome kids surprised me with, Christmas 2010.