If the IFA is negative you'd want to retest on the Elisa after 3 month to see if they shook the virus.
If the IFA is positive there is not need to retest on either the IFA or ELISA. They are definitely positive at that point..

From: Natalie <at...@optonline.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Foster mom with FELV kittens follow up

But if the IFA is negative again, there’s really no need to do another one to prove or disprove anything – it would only confirm one of two things: It’s still not in the bone marrow, or it’s in the bone marrow. If two snap or ELISA tests were positive, there’s no need to wait for anything other than the IFA becoming positive, showing it’s in the bone marrow – and you never know how soon it happens or how long it will be – makes no difference, they’re still positive!
I had a kitten that didn’t make it past a few months, but the adult cats (the ones I mentioned before), did a lot better, one dying of unrelated to FeLV and the other one doing really well.