Some, especially the elderly or very ill, may wish to look into the
DNR bracelets.  My grandmother's nursing home mislaid her file so at
the critical moment, they could not show her DNR to the paramedics --
so she was forced through a lot of intrusive procedures that she
absolutely did not want.  The family was horrorstruck as well to know
that her wishes were not honored.  The bracelets can help prevent
similar events.