They're still selling the from-China chicken breast doggie treats that
killed/sickened lots of animals, only because the FDA can't figure out
what's wrong with them.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Thanks, just spread the word on it, post on FB, etc. – I did.  It’s a
> shame that a company’s response would be “Buyer beware”….anything we buy
> for our pets should be safe without question! ****
>
> My husband got a catnip/fabric toy, made in China at PetSmart…I was about
> to let the cats use it, when I decided out of curiosity to read the
> label..guess what?  It said that “if ingested, could cause death”!  Now, we
> have to read all small print on doggie treats, especially when made in
> China, and learned that American made treats had to be recalled because of
> salmonella!  I’ll be making my own doggie and cat treats (haha, in my spare
> time).****
>
> Natalie****
>
> ** **
>
> My new email address is:                *atia....@gmail.com*
>
> ** **

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537