I had three FeLv+ cats throw it off. They all three were adults. Bunny was the
youngest. She tested positive when she was spayed at a shelter. They would
usually euthanize them but for some reason she slipped through the cracks, I am
pleased to say and the rescuer brought her to me knowing that I would keep her
or find a place for her if she did not turn. But she turned. Right now she's
annoying two other cats in my computer room. She sleeps with me at night, and
is a joyous cat. I would like to find her another home though because I just
have too many and can't give her enough attention. My oldest cat, Moses threw
it off i about 7 years ago. Percy had both FeLv and FIV. He threw off the FeLv
and is now in my FIV room. I have a 5 months old FeLv+ kitten in foster care
trying to turn negative. I hope she does. Taco and Smooch, two other FeLv+ cats
who were brought to me as strays and tested positive passed away in two years.
But at least they had those
 two years extra and weren't deprived of their short lives. I have chosen the
wrong calling though. I'm much too emotional to be able to cope with this.
Unfortunately I have no choice. I live from one emotional disaster to another
these days because my feline family is approaching the older years.

too!

 FelV positive, who