Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask for prayers and warm thoughts for my FeLV+ girl, Ember as well
as my mother's (hopefully) negative cat, Callie. Somehow, Callie got into
Ember's room, not once, but twice. The first time only lasted for a few
minutes, but I discovered a terrible cat fight in progress when I got back
upstairs. To disrupt the chase, I grabbed Callie to remove her from the room. I
got a bloody finger with three puncture marks in the process.

Later, I realized I should really get abx for the bite, so my dad took me to
the doctor. We were gone about an hour. When I got back, I was saddened to find
that I had stupidly managed to not completely close one of the doors to our
rooms, and Callie had again gotten in. I don't know that the cats fought the
second time. I think Callie might have explored the normally off limits rooms.
I found Ember hiding but unshaken behind some clothes, and Callie didn't act
like she was on edge, but I have no idea what happened.

Needless to say, I'm very concerned about Callie's possible exposure to the
virus. We've had a few run-ns over the last seven years, but nothing like the
fight/chase I broke up today. My hope is that Callie being seven years old puts
her at low risk for infection. She hasn't had any recent vax for FeLV, but she
had the FeLV (including booster) when she was a kitten. She also seems very
healthy.

There was actually more tough cat stuff today involving a 17 yro diabetic who
had to go for a dental (this ended on a good note), and my usual concerns about
Ember. The radiologist hasn't contacted the surgeon after almost a week, and
Ember probably needs surgical intervention for her diaphragmatic hernia.

Please think of the two girls.

Lance