Hi Lorrie and Beth,

I hope you are right. From our own experience, when FeLV came in (we still
don't know who was the carrier), my cat tested positive after we euthanized an
almost two year old cat for FeLV symptoms. When they had originally met, the
kitten was four months old and Ember was two years old.

Also in the house were several older males who didn't test positive and have
never shown symptoms. One of them is still with us, and the others are gone for
reasons unrelated to FeLV.

This doesn't keep me from worrying, though. It seems like a bite wound would be
a much more efficient vehicle for the virus than grooming or all of the
relatively unlikely paths (litter boxes and shared dishes). I don't know that
Callie was bitten for sure, but the fight was very intense.

I tend to ruminate on problems, and nothing I think or do is going to change
the outcome at this point. I'm wondering about giving Callie something to boost
her immune system, but for all I know, the nature of things might make that a
bad idea. Anyway, thank you for your thoughts.

Lance