It's OK Karen. We all panic when our not-so-normal cats get sick because we
assume that it's the FIV+ or FeLv+ that has kicked in and is going to deprive
them of their little bit of happiness but I have learned to center myself and
think positively about cat illness. First I try something obvious, that I would
with an ordinary cat. In the case of throwing up and not eating, I try
Petromalt, a hairball and constipation remedy. It's inexpensive and sometimes
after a few hefty doses, the cat it cured. I also feel ears. Are they hot? Nose
dry and too warm? That's a sign of fever. Take to vet and get a Convenia shot,
a long acting antibiotic. Give your cats a feline vitamin compound with iron to
build up the blood and prevent anemia. Open his mouth and see if his gums and
tongue are pink, like a normal cat. Flea treat with Frontline Plus for fleas so
no flea anemia gets him. But also reserve the option of taking him to the vet.
You don't need massive blood
 tests and other tests. Most cats will respond to an antibiotic, even those who
are positive for something. Your CRF cat is different. You need to take to vet
at first sign of illness or at least call the vet and describe the symptoms.
Cats don't like being hauled to the vet. Stress on top of not feeling well
makes things worse.

too!

> From: Karen Harshbarger <harshbargerka...@yahoo.com>

 tired and very worried with a sick little cat that I did not know enough or do
enough for little Tig, causing him to leave this world at only 11 months old.
I also worry that I am not giving these little guys all that they need.