From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Margo
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:08 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Male Cat Urinary Crystals

Hi Bonnie,

             I can relate. Two of my positives are also struvite crystal
formers.Two main questions.

             What is he eating?

             Was a culture and sensitivity done to confirm actual bacterial
infection, or did the Vet just prescribe abx, and what was Lucky taking? Uroeze
is a urine acidifier, so I guess you're dealing with struvite stones. It's very
unusual for a cat to block after PU surgery, so likely the crystals aren't the
cause of his discomfort. Has your Vet mentioned Idiopathis cystitis?

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=612

                         If he's taking the Uroeze, he should NOT eat c/d or
any other food designed to prevent struvite crystals. That wouls be way to
much, and push towards possible oxylate formation. He should eat exclusively
canned food, but just "regular" grain free, high meat (no filler) food. If you
prefer to have a prescription food rather than the uroeze, there are other
brands that may be more palatable. Try different kinds.

Wishing you both the best,

Margo