Not kidding about the chicken feather soup. She also specialized in coffee
boiled with milk and coffee grounds. Then after a while, it would form a
leather skin on top and we had to cut through to the coffee. Yech! Burned
scrambled eggs, almost raw liver, black toast. I would say that my grandmother
was a very intelligent woman but not a gourmet cook. My uncles cat loved the
liver though.