Well said, Kat.

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
katskat1
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 8:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] virus has finally caught up with her

It kills a part of me every time I have to make that decision.  Just today
an elderly dog I cared for a great deal had to be helped across the Rainbow
Bridge because he had lost all control of his hindquarters and could no
longer pee or poop.  Rowdy was only with our rescue a year or so after his
humans could no longer deal with him but during that year he was a very
happy and loved old goof ball and I really think the attention he finally
received and the joy he had in his last year of life were a present we were
able to give to him.  In return he loved the heck out of us and life.

So, while it hurts, remember the love you gave and the love you received and
be content in the belief you didn't allow it to drag on to where she would
have gone over the bridge with unhappy experiences being her last.  You did
the loving thing.  Thank you.

Kat