Thanks, Kelly. I am disheartened to learn of your loss. Did thy try
cyclosporine with your cat?

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley <moonv...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 8:09 pm
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Prayers needed for Bear

So sorry. I lost one to AIHA.  It is apparently quite serious even without
the vet messing up. Will send white light.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 24, 2013, at 6:15 PM, lernermiche...@aol.com wrote:

Turns out it does not look like FIP, looks like hemolytic anemia, where he is
killing off his own red blood cells, and the vet simply did not keep him on a
high enough dose of immune-suppressants so he crashed again. Now he is really
bad. I don't know what his chances are at this point, but I do not think they
are good, though the vets say he can turn around. He just got a transfusion and
they are starting him on cyclosporine, a stronger immune suppressant. And
doxycycline.

Please send him prayers. He is FIV+, not FeLV+, though he has had as many
issues as my FeLV cats did. I got back on this list looking for feline
interferon, which I don't need, but one thing I know this list is good for is
prayers. Please pray it's a good Christmas for Bear and he responds well to the
transfusion and the cyclosporine.

thank you,
Michelle