Thank you Tamara.  Where can I find fish food flakes?
Nina

tamara stickler wrote:

Have either of you tried either mixing the suppliments in baby food (make certain it doesn't contain onion or onion powder)...heat the food 20 sec. in the microwave first and feed on a spoon....(its one of the only ways Quintapus, my CRF cat, will take suppliments)
The others are: Cream of Wheat made with goat or "cat milk"...and a bit of sugar (if not diabetic....Qu has a sweet tooth). OR Fish food flakes...anything low in phosphorus & corn and high in protein, made with real fish....take a tablespoon of flakes, mix a tiny bit of flour (or corn meal -but this doesn't work quite as well...just makes for a sweeter mixture, I suppose) and egg white so you have a Elmer's school glue consitancy & look -paste, gently fold in the fish flakes and any suppliments (note mixture should be more flakes than paste..you may have to experiment here...I never measure-sorry)....bake in oven at 325 for about 20 minutes or until crispy on tin foil. Sometimes, depending on the fish flakes, it turns blackish and it does stink! But most times it is agreeable, esp. if served warm. You can fool around with the mixture, add a bit of oyster juice or tuna fish or salmon to make a fish cake like item....you know your cats and what they like best.
Good luck, I hope it works for some of you.

*/Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Hi Kerry,
    Have you tried giving them supplements in some special treat,
    something
    they especially like but don't often get? How about tuna, or tuna
    water? Some of my kids are crazy about chicken liver and the strong
    scent overpowers just about anything. Maybe if you cut the dose
    down to
    next to nothing at first and then build up again?

    I'm having a food dilemma myself. My "feral turned house cat", Gypsy,
    who we suspect has Inflammatory Bowel Disease, is suppose to be on a
    restricted diet of proteins she hasn't experienced before, (just
    in case
    it's caused by allergies). This has not been so easy to do because
    she's quite spoiled when it comes to food, there are very few
    proteins
    that she hasn't been given the opportunity to sample. I've spent
    weeks
    looking for something that she'll eat. I finally found California
    Natural v! enison and rice canned food (69 cents for a 3 ounce
    can, thank
    you very much), and a Solid Gold lamb dry food. Now she won't eat any
    dry, and won't touch anything that has "been tampered with". If I try
    to put something in front of her with even one supplement she
    turns her
    nose up and walks away. I'm scared to death because she's just
    skin and
    bones. I've been seriously contemplating getting her a slab of salmon
    and letting her just eat! I'm afraid I'm going to lose her
    (everything
    I've tried has failed to work), and the thought of her not being
    able to
    enjoy the time she has left eating whatever she pleases is so
    upsetting. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by all the illness around
    here, I wish there was a way to be certain that what I'm doing is
    right. Time to focus on my mantra, "All I can do, is All I can do.

    Kerry, I would also like you to know how much I appreciate you and
    your
    contributions to the list. You always have something loving and
    supportive to add to any situation. It's apparent that you're a warm,
    genuine and caring person, we need more humans like you! Thank you.

    Much love,
    Nina