Dr. Susan,
    Welcome back from your trip!  I heard it was wonderful there for you.

    My friend, Chris, in Belgium, wrote to ask if I could ask you if you could give your impression of a situation with our mutual friend's cat?  I have pasted what Chris wrote below, if you would not mind taking a look. Toby, the cat, has been healthy, spayed, up-to-date on vaccinations and was found to be negative when tested for feline leukemia. She is about a year old now.  I told her that I thought of anemia right away but I figure it could be a number of things.  Would you mind sharing your first thoughts on what might be going on?  I think Anne will take her to a vet if you think it could be something serious like anemia or this bowel condition that the Belgian vet spoke about to her on the phone.  By the way, I had written to the list before about Toby because Toby was such a hyper young cat and often bit and amazed people a lot with her wild acrobatics non-stop. She was freaking Anne out to the max.

Thank you, Dr. Susan,
Anne and Jimi Too Cool, Simms and Sophie in Michigan

Chris from Belgium wrote:
"Belgian Anne phoned yesterday about Toby.
She has been in touch with a pet clinic/group practice over the phone. She
told them that Toby will eat anything she can get hold of. Lately she
scratches/bites the wallpaper off the wall, and eats the cement/calcium.
The vet she talked to said that could be a behavioral disturbance, like all
the rest she does, but it could also mean some kind of rare intestine
problem. Anne asked her three times in a row what the name of that problem
was, vet mumbled something Anne couldn't understand, so she gave up asking
again. To find out if that's what the cat has, Anne would have to take her
in for scans, blood tests and the lot, which she's very reluctant to do,
since kitty cat is acting very healthy, eats well, poops well, etc."