Gosh, all of you have sent so many kind emails. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for each and everyone of them.

I haven't been back to answering email for awhile and... I needed the day. It is one of those somber surreal days.  But, there is a lining of goodness that somehow comes from thinking about life and death... and receiving so many thoughtful messages from you all.

I buried Leeloo this morning under a mid-sized oak tree in the backyard.  It will forever after be Leeloo's oak tree... and Loki's if he ever goes.

Yes, Leeloo was an especially sweet kitty.  When she wanted to give and receive love, out of the blue she would run to you, quickly making her way to your chest to lay down and purr loudly and kneed.  She was a great one for playing with her favorite toys.  She batted a plastic orange ball around the living room with speed and excitement.  Loki was a bit slower and less coordinated so didn't take to is as well.  But now he does.  Leeloo showed Loki how it was done!  Loki would also watch her light and dexterous jumping ability, and now he has a good deal of that as well.  You wouldn't believe how lightly she touched down in perfect position upon the side-wing of my computer desk. I had a pillow for each of them on either side of my desk.  They liked to be near me and I didn't want them right in front of my screen.  Spoiled?... Oh, not at all :-)

As many of you said, she will not be forgotten, and loving memory will replace the sadness.

Warmest thought to all.

Sincerely,
Steve