Dear Steve...

I started my previous message to you last night, then fell asleep and
finished it when I woke up in the wee hours, but I should have checked my
e-mail
first and I would have known that Leeloo didn't make it through the night, so
my
message was so many unnecessary words.

I am so sorry, but I think you knew the end for her was very near.  She chose
to pass on her own and spare you having to take her in for an assisted
crossing in a strange place.  Perhaps her knowing that is what you were
prepared to
do for her because you loved her so and didn't want to see her suffer gave her
the resolve to hasten her crossing.

Without a doubt, not only was Leeloo a beautiful kitty in the flesh, she has
a loving and beautiful spirit.  Not only was she blessed to have found you to
be her human caretaker, it seems you were also blessed to have had such a
sweet kitty soul to share your life, if only for a short while.  We cannot
always
measure life in terms of its longevity.  Sounds like Leeloo managed to put a
lot of quality into a short amount of time, for both of you.

I did light a candle for Leeloo last night...hope its light was shining
brightly enough to warm and light her way and that she found her brother, Milo,
and
other loving kitty souls to greet and welcome her.  She is in good company.

Sharing your sadness...

Sally in San Jose