My cat is felv+ and was getting them to suppress her immune system (she was anemic due to felc+). She was aslo on an antibiotic to conuteract the steroid to protect against infections.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: felvtalk@vlists.net
Subject: Re: Simon is having another good day
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:38:13 EST

For 2 weeks now. It is for his lymphoma. He was taken off chemo and I put
him on dex and depo shots and took him off pred pills. The dex and depo brought
his liver values down enough to go back on chemo, and are making him feel
better. I did it as a quality of life for the end of life thing. For cat with
lymphoma, strong steroids really give good quality of life for a while. I am
hoping, of course, that the chemo kicks in and he has more time, and can wean
off the strong steroids. But I think it is more probable that he has little
time left, and that he will need the steroids, possibly with increasing
frequency, in order to feel good for the time he has left. It is so painful to write
that, but I think it is true as much as I hope it is not. Two weeks ago I did
not think he would be here now, though, and I think he is in large part to
the steroids (and the good energy sent by thi group!).

What did your cat get them for?
Michelle