In a message dated 1/21/2005 7:43:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
We once gave my positive CC an intranasal fvrcp I think.  She had a bad uri and the vet said that sometimes the intranasal will help that, but no, I don't think anyone gives fip's anymore.
I know the vets I've talked to personally don't suggest FIP vax's, but I have heard of some who push for it and swear by it in the last year or two.  When I was on the FIP support group at Yahoo, most of the breeders on the list (many of the members were breeders ~ who said that breeders who told you they had never had an incident with FIP were either lying or were new to breeding) swore by the FIP vaccine and kept trying to tell me that bringing in a vaccinated who wasn't acting quite right couldn't possibly be how I got it at my house.  {Well, my only experience with cats getting sick and dying from FIP was after I brought home what was at that point the only FIP vaccinated cat in the house (I brought Kohana's sister, Clara, home a couple weeks later - she'd also been vaccinated and grew slowly, but wasn't affected by it like Kohana was) - and to lose 3 cats to it in the 7 1/2 months after his arrival can not be coincidence - in spite of what they were saying - so I left the group}.  I don't know how many vets are out there who are still pushing it.  Hopefully, those days are done.

Last time I ordered vaccines, places like www.lambriarvet.com and Drs Foster & Smith carried it, although, I haven't looked online for vaccines since 2002, so I don't know if they still carry them (My kids are due for their shots this year, so I'm going to have to get on it and buy a couple boxes of them - over the last couple years, most of my new arrivals were already vaccinated or there was only one or two cats or kittens at a time and I was able to get a couple individual 3-way vaccines with syringes at Tractor Supply for about $3 each).

Where there's Life, there's Hope

Kathy

"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Catherine-