In a message dated 1/23/2005 3:58:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
For that, one would need a DNA test and that is not routinely performed if you have no reason to believe that the results of the ELISA do not tell the true tale, e.g., you have a cat who is sick and all symptoms point to FeLV, but the ELISA says negative.
the PCR test is a DNA test....it is more accurate..IF done correctly...but it is also more expensive,more easily screwed up, and more time consuming...I have asked my vet about it, and she says as long as teh blood is collected correctly, packaged correctly, sand handled correctly it is a far superior test...it is actually the one they use more often in experimental settings,,you can do a PCR test via blood, or even hair

Lisa
and fur-brats
Akira--FeLV miracle baby www.geocities.com/anzajaguar
Indy-- Truley Indian Jones as a cat..FEARLESS
Lance- Mini wire haired dashchund
Bow-Tie- 2yr old (ssshhhh he doesnt know he is 15 :) ) jack russel cross
Bennie Bird-- Vampire cockatiel
Anza-- sexist Senegal parrot..deffinantly a ladies bird :)