The vet looked in her mouth, but didn't open it up to look in her throat.  There could be something going on with her throat... She doesn't seem to be having a hard time swallowing though.  It's more like she's forgotten how to eat!
Nina

Cherie A Gabbert wrote:
How about something in the throat, maybe even a sore throat. I never knew cats got common colds but they do, maybe they can get soar throats also, just a thought.
Cherie

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Cherie.
Gypsy is doing the strangest thing when she eats.  She's hungry and very interested, then when she tries to eat, she acts like I've handed her something that's not quite edible.  She'll chew a little bit, then it either comes falling out, or she spits it out.  It's like I've handed her flavored cardboard.  I have to warm her food and offer it to her several times before she recognizes it as food, she does manage to get some down though.  She's not congested, so she should be able to smell it.  Has anyone ever noticed this behavior before?  It occurred to me that due to the malnutrition, she might be a touch brain damaged, (God, I hope not!), but she act fine in every other way.
Nina

Cherie A Gabbert wrote:
Nina,
Gypsy is in my thoughts always. I am pulling for you guys.
Cherie

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
First of all, thank you for letting me share Gypsy's story with you.
She isn't FeLV+, but she is a casualty of the disease in a round about
way, (because she contracted IBD when over-vaccinated to protect her
from my +s). My new vet prescribed lots of supplements and a special
diet for her, but she's refusing to eat. I thought the chicken and
broth I made her was quite tasty; I guess she disagrees. Bruce and I
were having fish tacos for dinner and she showed interest in the cod. I
quickly poached her up some and she did eat it, not enough to keep a
bird alive, but she did eat.

This morning I screwed up my courage, wrapped her in a towel, and
syringed her supplement, Flagil, Thuja, (which is suppose to be
sublingual, but oh well...), and a bit of baby food down her. I got
most of it on her chin, the towel and me, but so! me did ! go down her
throat. I'm going to have to do this twice a day, give her Vita B12
shots twice a week and Methylpred shots every two weeks. Please say a
prayer that after putting her through all this she starts to improve.

Nina