persians are extremely low-maintenance cats in terms of everything but grooming! i've been owned by persians since 1982--went five months without one, and couldn't stand to not have their particular sweetness in my life.  i STILL think they're funny looking, even after all these years, but adore them.

if you go to http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?cat=584 and type in PHCatByte in the black band where it says search-by-username, you can see many of my darlings.... (and just ignore the fact that the captions aren't in english--MeowChat is way too difficult to explain!)

MC

Cherie A Gabbert wrote:
Ok, I then have 4 dsh (domestic short hairs) and one blue point himmie, and currently looking at 2 silver persian and one white persian.....

TenHouseCats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
dlh = domestic long-hairs, ie, mutt-cats. maine coons--oy, what can i say? try this for the basics: http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html. they're big, gentle, silly cats who frequently never grow up! there is an incredibly active and well-organized maine-coon rescue organization (http://mainecoonrescue.com/), with a great transport network.

Cherie A Gabbert wrote:
What are dlhs, and what are maine coons?
Cherie

TenHouseCats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
seven persians, one siberian, three maine coons/coon-a-bees, three dlhs;
2 foster coonies, one adult human (well, i pretend to be adult.).