Another thing is the dosing and the number of days.  When I've used antibiotics they've been different amounts for different cats based on weight.  Also,  I don't recall if I've been given Baytril and told to give it 7, 10, or 14 days, but you don't want to do it for just a few days or your cat will build up resistance to antibiotics from doing that........

Barb Moermond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Since I learned about interstitial cystitis, I'm much more suspicious about bladder issues now.  It COULD be a bacterial infection, but it could be struvite or oxalate crystals.  Or, as in my Smoky's case, it could just be the whim of the gods.  Has she had bacterial infections before?  Even if you can't get a sample right now, I highly recommend switching her to the s/o diet so outbreaks will be severely limited if not eliminated.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I asked them about doing a needle sample and they insisted I should just crate her. To be honest, she gets stressed going in the car and the needle sample has its risks and is uncomfortable, and if Baytril will just work and I have it I would rather just give it to her. I was just checking to see if others had in fact used it for this, and it seems at least one person does, so I feell ok about it.
Thanks,
Michelle