Title: Message
Dear Michelle
Fingers already crossed for Lucy that the vet's hunch is right. Kerry
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 12:16 PM
To: felvtalk@vlists.net
Subject: Re: UTI's, drug dosages, and new research

Well, I took Lucy in.  She peed on the cushion in her carrier, with blood in it. They were not able to get a needle sample, and did not even try, because her bladder was so small. The vet scraped a slide of urine off the cushion and looked at it under the microscope and said he saw bacteria and red blood cells but no crystals. He seemed perplexed that the Baytril had not worked yet, and switched her to Clavamox and told me to add 5 mg pred and 100 cc of sub q fluids for 3 days.  He felt her and could not feel any tumors, but said tumors can sometimes be diffuse on the inside of the bladder wall, but said he feels fairly certain this is just a UTI given how good she looks otherwise and the fact that she had gained weight since her last visit. Please keep your fingers crossed!
Thanks,
Michelle