On 23-12-2020 03:53 pm, Nicolas George wrote:
Gyan Doshi (12020-12-23):
That's not the issue. It's the mangled line - the output from lavf/dump.c.
mangled with stats line

AV_NOPTS_VALUE is an acceptable value and already checked for at line 1815.
As is <=0 output size.

Indicating to the user that ffmpeg processing has stalled at the beginning
is a valid and acceptable outcome, even a necessary one.
The delay here is just to avoid the mangling. Some hardcoded value is the
best that I see we can do, but if you have an analytical solution, I'm all
ears.
Ah, I see. But in that case, the proper solution seems obvious: set a
flag when av_dump_format() has returned, and delay the printing until
that flag is set. Or am I still missing something?

It's    void av_dump_format(...)

Seems too trivial to change it , or add + initialize yet another global variable just for this.

Regards,
Gyan