On 1/24/2023 12:45 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
So to summarize the discussion so far:

* nobody is strongly arguing for an instability period after the bump,
   and there are good reasons against it, therefore we should NOT have
   one

* the bump can be done either as bump-then-remove or remove-then-bump
     * there are advantages and disadvantages for both of those, nobody
       expressed a strong preference for either, so you can keep this as
       is

Please correct me if I misunderstood or missed something, or somebody
has a new opinion.

Since the instability period doesn't seem popular, if anyone has some patches for ABI changes (enum value or field offset changes, removing avpriv_ functions we forgot about, etc), then please send them asap so i can push them all at the same time. Otherwise, lets just do what we always did but limit it to one week, after which too bad.