> On Jun 12, 2024, at 21:42, Matthieu Bouron <matthieu.bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> This patchset adds Mediacodec audio decoders support. Currently, only AAC,
> AMR,
> MP3, FLAC, VORBIS and OPUS are supported.
>
> This is mainly useful to avoid shipping Android builds of FFmpeg that are
> subjects to licensing/patents (due to AAC and AMR).

I’m not keen on put OS audio decoder/encoder wrapper into FFmpeg. They don’t
bring
new features, they don’t improve performance. I know these type of wrapper
exist in current
project, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to add more.

This is a policy issue rather than technique issue, it requires more people to
discuss and
decide.