On 03/12/2016 12:08 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:53 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:48 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:43 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
why do you think they are written by libavformat ?

i see:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\ASUS\ASUS LIVE\ASUSLIVE.EXE -AVICAP32- ASUS Video
Capture Driver, Version:  3.8.2.2"

in asv2_320x240_3.avi

Regarding asv1/asv2, they do use 48 in biSize, but since there is no
official documentation for these codecs that explicitly mentions that
biSize should be 48 (which breaks the specs), it's plain wrong to use
anything else than 40.

Furthermore, any "global headers" in *any* codec have nothing to do with
the BITMAPINFOHEADER. They aren't connected in any way. The size of the
BITMAPINFOHEADER is 40, so biSize should always be 40, since it defines
the size of the BITMAPINFOHEADER, not the size of the BITMAPINFOHEADER +
extra data.

Mats

If it wasn't for the braindead specification of HuffYUV with its own
BITMAPINFOHEADER variant, this would be a piece of cake. Always use 40
in biSize.

Mats

I vote for using huffyuv and ffvhuff (since it's a variant of huffyuv)
as the only exceptions to using 40 bytes in biSize, regardless of any
non-conformant existing or future stuff.

If the authors of future specs should happen to think that biSize should be anything else than 40, we'd better tell them the facts.

Mats