On 03/12/2016 01:36 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:34:00PM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> skrev: (12 mars 2016 12:30:28
CET)
Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> skrev: (12 mars 2016
12:25:30 CET)
Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> skrev: (12 mars 2016
12:14:03 CET)
On 03/12/2016 12:08 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:53 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:48 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 03/12/2016 11:43 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
why do you think they are written by libavformat ?

i see:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\ASUS\ASUS LIVE\ASUSLIVE.EXE -AVICAP32-
ASUS
Video
Capture Driver, Version:  3.8.2.2"

in asv2_320x240_3.avi

Regarding asv1/asv2, they do use 48 in biSize, but since there
is
no
official documentation for these codecs that explicitly mentions
that
biSize should be 48 (which breaks the specs), it's plain wrong
use
anything else than 40.

Furthermore, any "global headers" in *any* codec have nothing to
do
with
the BITMAPINFOHEADER. They aren't connected in any way. The size
of
the
BITMAPINFOHEADER is 40, so biSize should always be 40, since it
defines
the size of the BITMAPINFOHEADER, not the size of the
BITMAPINFOHEADER +
extra data.

Mats

If it wasn't for the braindead specification of HuffYUV with its
own
BITMAPINFOHEADER variant, this would be a piece of cake. Always
use
40
in biSize.

Mats

I vote for using huffyuv and ffvhuff (since it's a variant of
huffyuv)
as the only exceptions to using 40 bytes in biSize, regardless of
any
non-conformant existing or future stuff.

If the authors of future specs should happen to think that biSize
should
be anything else than 40, we'd better tell them the facts.

Mats

Perhaps you can use my latest 2-part patch set that includes asv1 and
asv2 in the "exception list", but thaf's it. No more entries should
ever need to be added to this list.

Mats
--
Mats Peterson
http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/

In fact, it's wrong to include asv1 and asv2, since there are no specs
available. You decide. I'll stop now.
--
Mats Peterson
http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/

Well, the only specs I can find are the ones written by you, and they mention
the global header, but no custom BITMAPINFOHEADER. Hence, biSize should be 40.

updated my "specs" but these are just based on observation/reverse
engeneering so not really true specs

Yes, I know.

Mats