On Fri, 29 Sep 2017, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

29.09.2017 0:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos пише:

I don't have decklink hardware but I assume it never outputs actual
transparency.
Or does it?

dual link SDI could provide fill/key, some boards could support this

(Do they or don't they?)

For output, there is definitely hardware support. For capture - I am not sure. I have not heard of a decklink device capturing key/fill.

Unfortunately the decklink SDK uses the same constants for both capture and output, and if we want to follow the SDK, we can't drop alpha channel, because for both RGBA and ARGB modes it explicitly mentions that the alpha channel might be valid. It does not differentiate between input and output however.

Maybe somebody should ask BlackMagic.

Regards,
Marton