06.10.2017 22:10, Marton Balint пише:

On Thu, 5 Oct 2017, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:

29.09.2017 0:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos пише:
Hi!

I don't have decklink hardware but I assume it never outputs actual
transparency.
Or does it?

it outputs or use internal keyer to put it over passthrow SDI signal.

in external keyer mode it accept BGRA frame and output two SDI signals: one for *fill* another one for *key*

That is true, but that is the feature of the decklink output device.

Is the decklink *input* device capable of capturing in RGBA with useful alpha? I'd say, probably not.

i would say that it is probably *yes* because of that feature (capturing fill&key signal) mentioned in press release:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/release/20150413-16
[...]
.... get simultaneous fill and key capture and playback ...

on other hand, if capturing RGB from HDMI returns transparent picture - then yes - this patch should be applied.

--
Maksym Veremeyenko