Only implementing for IMX feels wrong, and only including certain flags
for certain formats could be kludgy. As I say it needs thinking about,
and at the moment I am more involved in a deeper overhaul of the whole
mxf UL handling to try and make things more transparent, and as I am
about to go on holiday its not something that I have time to look at at
the moment...

Hi Tim,

yes you are right: these flags are regarding the MXF container itself and not the IMX format. These falgs would be usefull for every video codec which can be wrapped into MXF. Maybe also for ffv1 in future (?) if this is planed to be implemented for MXF wrapping.

Best Regards
Christoph