* Mark Burton on Friday, April 14, 2017 at 16:57:06 +0100
> I appreciate this is a tricky area and there appear to be different ways that
> some encoders create AAC streams with regards to the padding and remaining
> samples etc. I won’t pretend to fully understand all the factors, but I would
> like to ask a genuine question which purely comes from the point of view of
> wanting to create a file for my working environment - an environment
> dominated by Quicktime 7 and X playback / decoding tools. I’m no great fan of
> Quicktime and appreciate its not well loved here also. In my industry it is
> still very much the defecto playback engine though, so if I’m able to tailor
> a file for this decoder, it would be an enormous help.
>
> Let me also say, I am not accusing ffmpeg of having an issue, I have read a
> number of ‘bug’ reports surrounding ffmpeg and AAC priming and there being a
> sync discrepancy in the resultant encode when played back in certain
> decoders. I happen to see the exact same issue, but from some of the
> developers replies, I accept their position is that they feel ffmpeg is doing
> it the right way and its the decoders that are at fault.
>
> With that said, I’d like to approach this question purely from the point of
> view of finding out whether there is a way to tweak a command in order to
> change this way the aac stream is created to produce an mp4 or mov file using
> the native aac encoder which decodes in Quicktime 7 or X, in sync. Currently
> an encoded file plays back 1 frame out of sync (audio is early by approx. 1
> frame). In VLC its about 1/2 a frame out of sync.
>
> The source file is a .mov, DNx115 24p (true 24p, not 23.976), PCM 24bit 48khz
> audio, which is in sync. This is film material where sync is crucial and
> always expected.
>
> Here is the basic command to reproduce. I have attached the uncut loglevel 99
> console output for this command:
> ffmpeg -i SyncTest24p.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -movflags faststart
> -c:a aac -b:a 128k ffmpeg.mp4

Can you try:

-filter:a aresample=first_pts=0

Also, when you run with -v verbose, you'll see a delay (depends
on audio codec), for you case it's probably 1024. Maybe try:

-filter:a aresample=first_pts=0,asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS+1024

Especially the latter could be exactly the wrong thing for your
purpose, but it doesn't hurt trying.

--
  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]